Sunday, February 3, 2013

Halftime Bean Dip

Superbowl Sunday has arrived!! I've been in a mood for Mexican food all day, which is a great thing.
I've been making dips all afternoon and thought I'd share one so easy that you can make it during halftime!

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of taco seasoning mix
  • 16 oz can of refried pinto beans
  • 16 oz can of refried black beans
  • 8 oz oz package of cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat kind), softened
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • salsa
  • 1 chopped tomato
  • 1 bunch of chopped green onions
  • 6 oz can of sliced black olives
  • 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 avocado (optional)
Directions:
  • Mix taco seasoning, refried pinto beans, and refried black beans into a bowl (I use a little more than half from each can of beans - just to add some variety) - add to bottom of the bowl or pan.
  • Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a bowl and layer on top of the bean mix.
  • Spread salsa over the cream mix (I like to tuck it into the cream mix)
  • Add tomato, cheddar cheese, green onions, black olives and avocado (that's the order I use, it really doesn't matter)
  • Serve with chips and cheer on your favorite team!
  • Happy Superbowl Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment